1. Definition of KSA model
KSA model is a competency model of individual. KSA is the same KSAO.
KSA include Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (also called KSAs model) that an applicant must have to perform successfully in the position.
2. Components of KSA:
• A body of information needed to perform a task.
• For example, Human Resources Knowledge include knowledge of personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Skills are the proficiency to perform a certain task.
• For example, skill in operating computer peripherals such as printers.
• Abilities are an underlying, enduring trait useful for performing tasks.
• For example, oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
3. Where are KSA listed in the job announcement?
KSA are listed in the “Qualifications and Evaluation” section of the job announcement.
4. Classification of KSAs
KSAs include technical elements and behavioral elements.
Technical KSAs measure acquired knowledge and “hard” technical skills.
Behavioral KSAs measure “soft” skills, include the attitudes and approaches applicants take to their work, such as the ability to collaborate on team projects.
5. How to develop knowledge, skills and abilities?
You can refer information of knowledge, skills and abilities at link below.