Software Engineer performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Software Engineer
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Software Engineer?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Software Engineer
You can use some tasks of Software Engineer as follows:
• Working with computer coding languages.
• Writing operational documentation with technical authors.
• Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
• Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
• Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Software Engineer if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Software Engineer evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Software Engineer evaluation
• All Software job descriptions
• Software interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation