Shipping clerk job description
Job purpose of Shipping clerk is responsible for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
Key duties/responsibilities of Shipping clerk:
1. Assure orders and shipping quantities match picking documents through careful audit of said documents.
2. Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
3. Help with or complete special projects at the discretion of the Lead or Supervisors.
4. Ensure good security processes are followed with regard to the CTPAT (driver and visitor sign in).
5. Answer/route all telephone calls in a polite manner, taking messages and routing to proper individual in a timely manner.
6. Assists & evaluates needs with shipping points, services, weights & freight permits, and other information needed.
7. Initiates, answers & documents tracer inquiries when requested via email and/or fax.
8. Maintains shipping stations are in working order and stock with materials
9. Notifies consignee of shipment arrival and coordinates shipment information to other offices and/or agents.
10. Arranges for movement of freight to consignee/agent & updates the system with information.
11. Processes necessary invoices to appropriate office for payment.
12. Assemble packaging materials and packages merchandise per instructions, in preparation for shipment
13. Enter data pertaining to domestic and international shipments into the company’s ERP system and into the shipping systems of commercial freight carriers
14. Monitor the supply of packaging materials and requisition additional supplies as required
15. Confirm physical shipment of goods and facilitate tracking of packages
16. Coordinate with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods
17. Identify errors on packing lists & invoices and correct them
18. In conjunction with senior supervisor will be responsible for all outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations.
19. Using a warehouse management system prepare accurate bills of lading for outbound freight.
20. Ensure that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork.
21. Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents by strict adherence to standard operating procedures.
22. Gather, enter into warehouse management system and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
23. Complete necessary management reports as required.