Job description of recruitment manager include key duties/responsibilities
1. Develop recruitment materials
• Instruct, review recruitment materials such as job descriptions, testing tools…
2. Workforce planning
• Build plan for workforce supply and demand.
3. Workforce market
• Instruct recruitment staff to search workforce
• Review and approve recruitment channels..
4. Recruitment agencies
• Review recruitment agencies and send to Director for approval.
5. Issue recruitment notices
• Approve recruitment notices
6. Selection process
• Instruct recruitment procedure to staffs.
• Supervise selection process.
• Take part in interview process.
• Ensure all recruitment policies, procedures and techniques are adhered to and recommend improvements.
• Reviews employment contracts and send to director.
• Sign engagement advice.
7. Recruitment records
• Supervise the keeping of recruitment records.
8. Inventory candidates
• Maintains an active and organized data bank of applicants for various positions.
9. Reports all recruitment reports to HR directors.
10. Manage the recruitment budget.
• HR KPI
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://4hrm.info/tip-to-writing-job-description/
Author: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com