This job description also is used for quality assurance engineer job description, QA engineer job description, Quality control (QC) engineer job description
Key job duties/responsibilities of Quality engineer:
1. Responsible for Quality System Maintenance.
2. Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
3. Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
4. Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
5. Develop training to build quality awareness.
6. Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
7. Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
8. Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
9. Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
10. Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
11. Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of receiving / outgoing quality functions.
12. Continuously improving QA receiving inspection process and procedures.
13. Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
14. Manage suppliers’ performance and conduct audits.
15. Preparation of QA reports.
Source: Paul, hrvinet.com