This job description also is used for QA manager job description, Quality control (QC) manager job description
Key job tasks/duties/responsibilities of Quality Assurance Manager
1. Quality and technical guidance
• Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate schedules, costs and resources.
• Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. Meeting commitments and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
• Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
• Directly supervises quality assurance team lead, quality assurance engineers and testers including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
2. Production support
• Troubleshooting and high tier support.
3. Documentation management
• Establish and maintain policy for documentation of all products.
• Reviews documentation before is sent out to external customers.
4. Requirement Quality Definition
• Establish policy for end user experience on all products.
5. Process management
• Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
• Maintains product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
• Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
6. Organizational liaison
• Manages and responds to software quality assurance issues with related groups such as development, database, integration, and customer support.
7. Quality management
• Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
• Assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
8. Deployment and delivery
• Responsible of creating task and checklists for software deployment.
• Orchestrates the delivery of software to customer visible environments.
• Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
• Manages the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
• Responsible and accountable of flagging the timing of interdepartmental deliverables and the quality of their output.
• Works with project managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
Source: Paul, hrvinet.com