Public area supervisor job description
This post includes contents of job profile/title such as: job purpose/role, job functions, key duties/responsibilities/tasks list and other documents related to Public area supervisor position.
You also ref top job materials for Public area supervisor as below (at the end of this post):
Key duties/responsibilities of Public area supervisor
You can ref some job descriptions for Public area supervisor as follow:
Job description sample 1
1. Support and follow company policies, legal requirements, and guidelines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
2. Provide the direction for a positive, empowering work environment by setting the example and consistency of day to day work habits
3. Manage all department functions including short and long term planning, as well as daytoday operations
4. Conduct performance evaluations in accordance with property and company guidelines, and maintain employee files.
5. Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements
6. Maintain confidentiality of department affairs.
7. Provide input into and execute strategic plan consistent with the annual business/marketing plan as submitted to the Vice President of Hotel Services.
8. Participate in the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing guest’s needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment
9. Maintain the integrity of a property wide inspection program on a regular basis
10. Maintain effective communications with all hotel operational departments to effectively resolve situations impacting guest service or malfunctions of departmental equipment
11. Operate smooth, efficient, cost effective operation; including labor management, supervision of all aspects of services and inventory control.
12. Ensure projects are effectively implemented and meets department objectives
13. Supervise department functions on a shift basis
14. Ensure adherence to guest services standards within established departmental policies and procedures
15. Provide a positive, empowering, and productive work environment through setting an example and consistency of daily work habits and standards
16. Maintain all departmental assets including equipment repairs and maintenance and ensure all departmental areas (FOH and BOH) are maintained, clean, and organized
17. Instruct new hires and employees on the expectations and responsibilities for each role
18. Accept full responsibility for the department in the absence of the Shift Manager
19. Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment, thank them when they lend assistance.
20. Respond to and resolve guest and/or employee complaints in a timely manner and creatively solve problems with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and resolve potential difficulties
Job description sample 2
1. Ensures all public areas are cleaned on each shift by assigned employees exceeding customers expectations.
2. Maintains inventory of public area cleaning supplies.
3. Inspects employees work to ensure quality standards are met. Assists as needed.
4. Publically recognizes and rewards employees.
5. Smiles and is friendly when interacting with co-workers, guests and property employees.
6. Follows and teaches all required safety and standard operating procedures.
7. Adheres to all company and regulatory policies. Reports any wrongdoing to corporate headquarters in Miami, Florida.
8. Works weekends and holidays.
9. Acts as a role model to other Service Company employees.
Job description sample 3
1. Ensures all public areas of the hotel are cleaned to standards.
2. Must have experience and knowledge of Floor Care to include marble and carpets.
3. Supervises daily activities of the Overnight Kitchen Cleaning Department.
4. Interacts with customers. Must meet appearance standards.
5. Purchase, re-order and maintain kitchen cleaning supplies.
6. Recruit, schedule and train new stewarding and overnight Kitchen Cleaning team members.
7. Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
8. Publically recognizes and rewards employees.
9. Smiles and is friendly when interacting with co-workers, guests and property employees.
10. Follows and teaches all required safety and standard operating procedures.
11. Adheres to all company and regulatory policies. Reports any wrongdoing to corporate headquarters in Miami, Florida.
12. Works weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and long hours.
13. Acts as a role model to other Service Company employees.
Tips to write Public area supervisor job description
• Base on the above job description, you can set up: Public area supervisor daily tasks for job levels (such as entry level, junior, senior…), monthly tasks, weekly activities, Public area supervisor KPIs, Public area supervisor KRAs, Public area supervisor job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
Public area supervisor qualifications needed, job specification
You can use the KSA model (this model to identify key/core competencies/competency profile for Public area supervisor ) to determine job criteria for Public area supervisor position. Public area supervisor’s job standard includes the following elements:
1. Education, knowledge requirements (includes diplomat, degree, certification, training courses…)
2. Experience: (in KSA model, we use skills, not use experience).
3. Skills list/required (includes technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, management skills).
4. Abilities, attributes, traits, qualities:
5. Other characteristics: A general category for other personal như Factor personality, willingness, interest, motivation and licenses …
Below is list of Public area supervisor qualifications:
1. High School education or GED.
2. Three years prior public area, housekeeping or cleaning supervisory experience.
3. Outstanding customer service skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
4. Must meet company and clients appearance standards.
5. Ability to work with a variety of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
6. Ability to perform all duties as required with or without an accommodation.
7. Ability to motivate and respect hourly employees.
8. Knowledge of e-mail, MS-Word.
Public area supervisor career advice
Below are top useful guides for Public area supervisor career:
• Top 12 tips for career development
• Top 9 career path tips
• Top 14 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
Public area supervisor job search tips
Below are top materials for Public area supervisor job application:
• Top 15 ways to search jobs
• Top 7 cover letter samples
• Top 8 resume samples
• 74 interview questions and answers
• Job interview checklist 40 points
• 13 types of interview questions and how to solve them
• Top 8 interview thank you letter samples
Public area supervisor performance appraisal
• Accounting management KPIs (this post includes metrics to measure Public area supervisor performance)
• 11 performance appraisal methods (includes appraisal templates and forms)
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
• Account management KRAs/scorecard
Public area supervisor wages, salary
Below are useful materials for Public area supervisor wages, salary:
• Top 12 salary negotiation tips
• Top 9 tips to get high salary
The above job descriptions can be used for fields: hotel, front desk…
If you need more free Public area supervisor job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2014.