payroll coordinator job description
I/ Job information of Payroll coordinator
1. Job tile:
2. Job Code:
4. Report to:
5. Job purpose:
II/ Key tasks of Payroll coordinator
1. Reviews and imports employee time cards into the Peoplesoft payroll system via spreadsheets completed and approved.
2. Checks figures for accuracy and necessary approvals.
3. Reviews payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports and makes any necessary adjustments. Obtains necessary approvals.
4. Prints, sorts, and distributes payroll checks to clinic offices for on-cycle and off-cycle check runs.
5. Works closely with Human Resources and Accounting on all payroll related issues.
6. Ensure semi-monthly payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Check non-exempt personnel time sheets utilizing an electronic time and attendance software product for compliance with policy, state and regulatory requirements.
8. Reviews computed wages and corrects errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings. Ensure that all changes to payroll are processed correctly.
9. Taxable fringe benefits administration i.e., group term life insurance, monthly parking.
10. Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files, including manual check log and reconciliation of payroll account.
11. Works closely with Benefits Manager to ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping.
12. Unemployment claims administration, responding to claims filed, EDD court appearance(s) in response to contest claims.
13. Review and audit master file and pay data entries, YTD totals, and file amendments.
14. Prepare various payroll and management reports, journal entries, workers compensation and reconcile quarterly payroll taxes.
15. Will handle all garnishments, deductions, and vacation/sick accruals.
16. Answers inquiries regarding employment verification. Reconciles payroll bank statements and reviews the accuracy of payroll deductions to payroll output documents.
17. Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
18. Process manual checks as requested by Human Resources or Accounting.
19. Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
20. Cross-trained in benefits administration and back-up to Benefits Manager.
21. Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
22. Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
23. Other duties as assigned.
III / Job specification of Payroll coordinator
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent work experience.
2. 3-5 years of experience in a law firm or professional services environment; experience in payroll operations.
3. Advanced computer skills; proficient MS Office.
4. Typing and accuracy of 40-50 wpm.
5. Excellent time management skills.
6. Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
7. Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
8. Able to handle with highly confidential information.
9. Must be detail oriented.
10. Able to adhere to tight deadlines
• All payroll job description
• Other sources: Payroll manager job description