Operations job description
I/ Job information of operations manager
1. Job tile:
2. Job Code:
4. Report to:
5. Job purpose:
II/ Key job tasks of operations manager
1. Operational delivery
• Provide technical support for the agreed redesign, development, implementation and continuous improvement of the company’s processes as required to ensure customer focus;
• Direct via project managers the software, knowledge base, data base and customer support teams to overcome technical and other constraints on the delivery of projects,
• Assist in the development of the strategic plan for all operational activity;
• Implement and monitor the annual and medium term operational plans, program and projects to meet overall objectives and agreed timings;
2. Communication and Information:
• Ensure effective internal communications both within the operations team and across the organization.
3. Financial management
• Prepare and agree annual budgets for functional and support costs;
• Responsible for managing the budgets for all projects, and related development activities;
• Accountable for the effective financial management of the operations team;
• In support of the Chief Executive Officer, provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts for the Operations Team.
4. Staff management
• Establish and maintain appropriate staff resources of the Operations Team to ensure that projects are delivered.
• on time, on budget and to the agreed quality standard;
• To establish clear organizational structures for the Operations.
• Team, including responsibilities and accountabilities of individuals.
5. Organizational Effectiveness
• Manage functions.
• Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function.
• Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
• Providing consulting services on matters related to fundraising, tax and insurance questions, and business structure and growth.
6. Organizational Leadership
• Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
7. Risk Management
• Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
8. Office Management
• Supervise, coach and develop work and professional development of the Administrative coordinator.
• Coordinate with IT and knowledge management teams to lead roll-out of new capabilities, training, and trouble-shooting.
• Maximize existing office space.
III / Job specification of operations manager
1. At least 3 years experience in Financial Management.
2. Strong background and work experience in Finance.
3. Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access.
4. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
5. Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
7. Budget development and oversight experience.
8. Knowledge of government contract management and +Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
9. A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
10. Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
11. Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
12. Persuasive with details and facts.
13. Delegate responsibilities effectively.
14. Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status.
15. Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment.
16. Excellent people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
Related documents to operations job description
Source: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com