Nurse supervisor job description include key duties:
1. Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to provide patient care; evaluates care and ensures customer satisfaction; oversees the department’s daily staffing requirements; orients clinical staff to their job responsibilities; provides leadership in clinical problem solving.
2. Assists with staff recruitment; ensures an orientation plan for new staff members, and provides timely feedback; evaluates and schedules inservices/training as needed; serves as liaison with physicians.
3. Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures, and nursing standards and regulations.
4. Coordinate OHS Quality Assurance (QA) activities including routine monthly chart and consulting project reviews, special studies and other investigations identified by the QA committee; maintain QA records and documentation according to policies and procedures of the division, department and Medical Center.
5. Develop and maintain an OHS nursing manual of operations containing applicable protocols, policies, procedures and information for patient care and consulting activities and on-site nursing services.
6. Deliver occupational health consulting services individually or as a member of a consulting team to clients of the OHS.
7. Participate in the educational and research activities of the Division of Occupational Medicine.
8. Prepare reports and analyses to include financial reports, setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
9. Supervise and coordinate patient care and consulting activities of the OHS to ensure that services for client companies are carried out according to contracts, policies and procedures; plan and monitor staffing of nurses at occupational health clinics, company sites, hospital and other settings.
10. Supervise OHS nursing staff including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers, vacation schedules, disciplinary action, performance evaluation, orientation, training and development
11. Assist in advising clients on the scope and content of their occupational health program based on needs assessments, audits and analysis; prepare concise, timely reports to consultees; assist in negotiating contracts and other agreements with clients.
• Nurse career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related nurse career).