Journeyman carpenter job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Journeyman carpenter.
Job purpose of Journeyman carpenter
Job purpose/job functions of this position to be responsible for remodeling, renovating, designing, fabricating, estimating, constructing, and maintaining structural elements within district buildings.
Key duties/responsibilities of Journeyman carpenter:
1. Fabricate temporary and permanent building additions, partitions and furniture within the facilities.
2. Repair, assemble and install any necessary items for the property Layout jobs Perform other job related duties as assigned.
3. Inspects, designs, fabricates, constructs, repairs, replaces, and maintains all structural elements within District buildings.
4. Inspects contracted projects to insure compliance with all District quality standards, safety practices, policies, and procedures.
5. Attends construction meetings as needed.
6. Estimates materials for each work order as needed.
7. Performs inventory of stock materials and orders additional items, as needed.
8. Assists other trades as needed.
9. Performs “recall” emergency services after normal school hours due to vandalism or accidents.
10. Subject to assignment to the District snow removal crew with duties including the operation of plow equipment on varying work shifts including nights and weekends.