1. What is internal recruitment?
Internal recruitment is a process of recruiting people internally within the organization.
2. Internal sources of recruitment
• Present permanent employees (based on programs of career development).
• Present temporary / casual employees.
• Retired employees.
• Dependents of deceased disabled, retired and present employees.
3. Methods of internal recruitment
• Staff notice boards.
• In-house magazines / newsletters.
• Internal notices.
• Personal recommendation – often referred to as ‘word of mouth’.
4. Advantages of internal recruitment
• Cheaper and quicker to recruit.
• People already familiar with the business and how it operates.
• Provides opportunities for promotion with in the business – can be motivating.
• Business already knows the strengths and weaknesses of candidates.
5. Disadvantages of internal recruitment
• Limits the number of potential applicants.
• No new ideas can be introduced from outside the business.
• External candidates might be better suited / qualified for the job.
• May cause resentment amongst candidates not appointed .
• Creates another vacancy which needs to be filled.
• Longer process.
Author: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com
if you need more information for internal recruitment, external recruitment, recruitment forms and other recruitment materials, pls leave your comments.