HR manager job description
This post includes contents of job profile/title such as: job purpose/role, job functions, key duties/responsibilities/tasks list and other documents related to HR manager position.
You also ref top job materials for HR manager as below (at the end of this post):
• 23 HR job descriptions
• 100 HR interview questions
• Top 9 skills for HR positions
• Top 12 books for HR management
Key duties/responsibilities of HR manager
You can ref some job descriptions for HR manager as follow:
Job description sample 1
1. Recruitment and Selection
• Maintain up-to-date recruitment progress report, talent database and all related staffing communication.
• Process all local recruitment requests in an effective and efficient manner.
• Managing orientation program for employee to the business and culture.
2. Training and Development
• Interface with Group HR and external vendors and suppliers for the implementation of corporate training or training programs to meet the business needs where appropriate.
• Identify key skills, specialty skills and propose training needs accordingly.
• Managing, communicating and delivering important projects that impact other parts of the organization.
3. Compensation and Benefits
• Monitor and alert the regional human resources director to any variance between the budgeted and actual salaries and headcount.
• Occasionally, produce and submit information to for “knowledge sharing” with Group HR.
• To be in charge of payroll administration and to make all necessary co-ordination to make a smooth and efficient operation (variable compensation, overtime, expatriates compensation, special payments).
• Gather all necessary data to benchmark salaries and benefits.
• Compile all data needed for the annual salary review, and the annual performance appraisal analysis.
• Provide recommendations and support to HR representatives (mainly Finance Directors) across the region.
• Provide information to Expatriate staffs regarding C&B (Tax; Social Benefits).
4. Employee Relations
• To detect and handle complaints, disputes and grievances of all staffs and to report them to the Regional Human Resources Director
• To foster a conducive working environment through employee relations activities and communication
• To conduct exit and grievance interviews with all departments/staffs
• To assist in handling all local labor tribunal cases
5. Rules and Regulations
• To review the staffs rules and regulations (or employee handbook) on a regular basis
• To create and implement the employee staff rules and regulations for newly created subsidiaries in the region
6. Budget, financial management
• Submit the Personnel Budget for all personnel costs and Headcount to Finance Department. Produce and submit the yearly tax returns for all staffs on a yearly basis.
• Produce and submit the payroll journal and the Headcount report to Finance Department on a monthly basis.
• To submit the Personnel latest estimates for all personnel costs and headcount to Finance Department on a quarterly basis.
7. Human resource information system
• Maintain smooth running of the Human Resources Information System.
• Monitor timely update of personnel records (personal details, position, salary, appraisal outcomes, leave records, training and awards).
• Organize locally and produce Group HR reporting.
Job description sample 2
1. Develop and maintain relationships with temporary and other employment agencies
2. Develop orientation program for employees
3. Demonstrate understanding of employee benefit plans and act as a liaison between employees and Kenco Management Services as needed
4. Monitor progress toward completion of training goals
5. Attend HR Training Meetings, and monitor training assignments and reporting
6. Provide current reports to management pertaining to organizational structures
7. Compile data for managers and prepare various reports as requested
8. Coordinate annual HR Improvement Plan
9. Coordinate meetings, to include preparing agenda, obtain/prepare meeting space, take notes and disseminate minutes
10. Copy correspondence and/or other materials as needed
11. Follow all Safety and Environmental procedures
12. Maintain a high standard of housekeeping to ensure an orderly workstation/place
13. Ensures the site’s commitment to Kenco’s Operational Excellence program
14. Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
15. Other duties as assigned to fulfill the needs of the customer and the business
16. Misc. tasks as assigned by the Senior Manager of Employee Relations and Director of Operations.
17. Responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of HR-services to the staff and employees of the Kenco Haier Honeywell network.
18. Work with Director of Operations and Leadership team to develop effective HR strategies, plans, and processes across the network.
19. Ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies related to general employment and management practices, policies, benefits and labor relations.
20. Provide direction, coaching, and counseling to managers and employees
21. Responsible for compiling and updating HR data via the HRIS including new hires, terminations, performance management, and payroll information.
22. Responsible for training management and employees on employment-related matters including sexual harassment, progressive discipline, and performance coaching.
Tips to write HR manager job description
• Base on the above job description, you can set up: HR manager daily tasks for job levels (such as entry level, junior, senior…), monthly tasks, weekly activities, HR manager KPIs, HR manager KRAs, HR manager job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
HR manager qualifications needed, job specification
You can use the KSA model (this model to identify key/core competencies/competency profile for HR manager ) to determine job criteria for HR manager position. HR manager’s job standard includes the following elements:
1. Education, knowledge requirements (includes diplomat, degree, certification, training courses…)
2. Experience: (in KSA model, we use skills, not use experience).
3. Skills list/required (includes technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, management skills).
4. Abilities, attributes, traits, qualities:
5. Other characteristics: A general category for other personal như Factor personality, willingness, interest, motivation and licenses …
Below is list of HR manager qualifications:
• University diploma
• Professional certificates as requirements
• HR knowledge
• Having knowledge of business sector of company
• Strategic planning,
• complex problem resolution and general management expertise.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills and integrity;
• solid team player.
• Creative, forward thinker.
• coaching and leadership skills
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Minimum of 6 years human resources experience.
• Minimum of 2 years HR manager experience.
• Preferable to have experience in FCMG.
• ISO experience would be an advantage.
• Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership.
• Ability to architect and drive change
• Ability to lead in a global, matrixed environment
• A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix reporting environment.
• Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
HR manager career advice
Below are top useful guides for HR manager career:
• Top 9 skills for HR management
• Top 12 books for HR management
• Top 120 HR forms
• 23 HR job descriptions
• Top 12 tips for career development
• Top 9 career path tips
• Top 14 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
HR manager job search tips
Below are top materials for HR manager job application:
• Top 15 ways to search jobs
• Top 7 cover letter samples
• Top 8 resume samples
• 100 HR interview questions
• 74 interview questions and answers
• Job interview checklist 40 points
• 13 types of interview questions and how to solve them
• Top 8 interview thank you letter samples
HR manager performance appraisal
• 83 HR KPIs (this post includes metrics to measure HR manager performance)
• 11 performance appraisal methods (includes appraisal templates and forms)
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
• HR manager KRAs/scorecard
HR manager wages, salary
Below are useful materials for HR manager wages, salary:
• Top 12 salary negotiation tips
• Top 9 tips to get high salary
The above job descriptions can be used for fields: Product HR, Trade HR, online HR, digital HR, channel HR, email HR, social media, international HR, retail, internet HR, sales HR, customer HR, regional HR, web HR, sports, hotel, strategic HR, associate HR, interactive HR, event, direct, technical, affiliate HR, fashion, global HR, it, restaurant, hospital, database…
If you need more free HR manager job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2014.