Hotel maintenance engineer job description
Job purpose of Hotel maintenance engineer is responsible for hotel guestroom preventative maintenance and assists in the repairs and maintenance of hotel equipment (especially mechanical equipment including pumps and motors).
Key duties/responsibilities of Hotel maintenance engineer:
1. Respond to all guest’s requests in a timely and efficient manner
2. Respond or perform duties of a groundskeeper
3. Complete work order requests in a timely manner
4. Maintain all mechanical areas in an orderly and clean condition
5. Inspect public areas daily for any issues
6. After hours on-call availability if an issue arises, available some weekends
7. Pool and Spa Chemical testing
8. Providing maintenance repairs to guestrooms, public areas and administrative offices
9. Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door and window repairs
10. Maintain the Rooms Preventative Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file.
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://4hrm.info/tip-to-writing-job-description/