Hair stylist assistant job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Hair stylist assistant.
Basic functions of Hair stylist assistant
You can ref some functions as follows (we are updating key tasks for this position).
1. Dyes, tints, bleaches, or curls or waves hair as required.
2. May create new style especially for patron.
3. May clean and style wigs.
4. Specializes in dressing hair according to latest style, period, or character portrayal, following instructions of patron.
5. Studies facial features of patron or performing artist and arranges, shapes, and trims hair to achieve desired effect, using fingers, combs, barber scissors, hair-waving solutions, hairpins, and other accessories.
6. May style hairpieces and be designated Hairpiece Stylist (fabrication, nec).
Job titles related
• Hair assistant
• Hair apprentice
• Hair boiler
• Hair colorist
• Hair color specialist
• Hair designer
• Hair stylist
• Hair stylist assistant
Related docs to Hair stylist assistant:
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://4hrm.info/tip-to-writing-job-description/