Events manager duties include tasks as follows:
1. Establishes six month rolling marketing plan for region marketing events.
2. Manages, motivates and helps clear roadblocks for all region marketing events, including type, location, sponsor and partnership details of given events.
3. Identify, negotiate and manage significant strategic partnerships, alliances, and relationships that support the organization’s current and emerging directions.
4. Works with region Marketing Manager as well as company marketing directors in coordinating an overall marketing strategy and will supervise the creation of marketing material for region events.
5. Establishes and manages budgets and tracks spending for region events, providing quarterly analysis and review.
6. Is accountable to develop the Communication strategy and plan for region marketing events.
7. Communicates regularly with all team members and is accountable to build working relationships with the region Marketing Manager and corporate marketing team.
8. Identifies regional business opportunities for members of the Sales team and the training team.
9. Supports special projects as required.
10. Develops and maintains a strong professional network in the region and within Franklin Covey.
11. Participates in meetings and special events as required from time to time.
12. Manage through service level agreements, completion of all marketing projects, on time, on budget.
13. Establish and manage service agreements with outside companies for completion of projects.
14. Liaise and manage relationship with vendors, including printing companies, and design houses.
15. Operate every body to identity guidelines and company communication standards.
16. To be responsible for communicating effectively with colleagues about all events, ensuring that the program relates to other activity wherever possible.
17. To be responsible for setting the cost and monitoring budgets for each event in a way that ensures that they cover all core costs and generate income.
18. To work closely with Finance to ensure that we have accurate and up to date financial information for each event.
19. To be responsible for the successful marketing and evaluation of the program of events.
20. To process enquiries and bookings relating to the events program and to manage events via Progress, updating as necessary.
You also customize this job description for event director job description.
Source: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com