Event coordinator job description include key duties/responsibilities:
1. Adhering to the budget set forth by the Conference Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
2. Supporting and collaborating with the Executive Director in securing sponsorships.
3. Adhering to conference planning schedule, policies and guidelines.
4. Contracting with caterers, A/V specialists and other vendors in a timely manner.
5. Secure continuing education provider status for licensed social workers, and mental health counselors in a timely manner.
6. Solicit exhibitors.
7. Contracting with keynote speakers and workshop presenters.
8. Securing and contracting meeting space and lodging.
9. Publishing and distributing the registration brochure, and other marketing materials.
10. Receive scholarship applications and community hero nominations, and inform applicants of final status.
11. Solicit volunteers.
12. Support Auction Staff in preparing for and implementing the annual auction and raffle.
13. Take attendance prior to meetings in order to keep track of excused and unexcused absences.
14. Keep attendance at all meetings.
15. Send attendance promptly to Marketing Coordinator for updating on the Web site.
16. Plan end of the year banquet.
17. Facilitates the securing of appropriate venues for regional programs and events, including site inspections and negotiation of contracts.
18. Coordinates on-site arrangements for all regional meetings and events, including regional competitions.
19. Works in coordination with the Marketing and Education Coordinators on marketing events.
You can also customize this job description for event planner job description, event specialist job description, special event coordinator job description.
Source: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com