Distribution supervisor job description
Job purpose of Distribution supervisor is to directs and oversees the daily activities relating to a specific distribution center area or function. Responsible for planning, coordinating and executing, in a timely manner, the daily activities of a given area (receiving, binning, shipping, maintenance etc.) and implementing programs that ensure the needs of all functions within that area are met (training, safety, security and housekeeping).
Key duties/responsibilities of Distribution supervisor:
1. Ensure that all inventory items are properly identified and readily accessible
2. Schedule the pick release process from Oracle/SAP to generate Sales Order Pick Slips
3. Ability to focus on customer needs and customer service while ensuring that all Parts Group and International policies and procedures are met
4. Identify, through a proactive approach, potential cost-saving and efficiency gain opportunities in a specific area to improve overall site operating metrics
5. Responsible for developing and maintaining a high level employee morale and dedication to serving customers. Conducts themselves and all activities and accountabilities in a manner that is consistent with respect for people values
6. Ensure customer shipments conform to Customer Routing Guides accurately
7. Schedule and direct cycle counts with Corporate Accounting
8. Perform order ship confirmation in the Oracle/SAP database as required
9. Supervise tag recovery process
10. Supervise the preparation of Domestic and International documentation and ensure the accuracy for Customs Compliance
11. Plan and manage all warehouse activities pertaining to a specific area in order to meet or exceed PDC objectives.
12. Maintain a safe and healthy working environment in accordance with all International and governmental regulations
13. Maintain or exceed Quality standards pertaining to a specific area in the warehouse.
14. Maintain or exceed performance metrics for a given department.
15. Responsible for training of new employees and the ongoing training f incumbents to ensure quality and productivity goals are met or exceeded.
16. Lead, direct, train and manage the performance of the distribution team
17. Supervise the order picking and shipping of all Domestic and International shipments and ensure all orders are picked accurately
18. Supervise the receiving of Domestic and International inbound shipments to be received and ensure the accuracy the shipment documentation
19. Ensure compliance with established processes and procedures
20. Maintain effective internal control over the product flow and account of inventory through receiving, shipping and other inventory areas