Building engineer job description
Job purpose of Building engineer is responsible for self performing, organizing, promoting and facilitating training with safety concepts to achieve efficient building maintenance and operation.
Key duties/responsibilities of Building engineer:
1. Operate, maintain and repair all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
2. Operate, maintain and repair refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
3. Operate, maintain and repair pumps, handling brines, or other secondary refrigerating liquids, together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
4. Operate, maintain and repair air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
5. Operate, maintain and repair all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
6. Operate, maintain and repair water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
7. Operate, maintain and repair all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
8. Operate, maintain and repair fuel oil systems, including pumps, valves, lines, controls and fuel tanks.
9. Operate, maintain and repair sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, water closets, urinals and piping.
10. Maintain and repair trash compactors, including electrical and hydraulic systems.
11. Maintain and repair kitchen equipment.
12. Maintain electrical power distribution and auxiliaries for building’s lighting, mechanical, plumbing and control components, including lighting maintenance.
13. Maintain proper operation during seasonal changes and recalibrate controls based on seasonal conditions to ensure energy efficient operation.
14. Maintain all equipment as required per the Preventive Maintenance Program. Preventive Maintenance Program will be scheduled to meet the manufacturer’s required service specifications.
15. Maintain life safety and security systems.
16. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by building management.
Related Building documents:
• Building engineer job specification
• Building job descriptions
• Building interview questions
• Building resumes
• Building cover letters
• Construction job descriptions
• Construction job specifications
• Construction interview questions