Buffet server job description include Key duties/responsibilities:
1. Wait on customer.
2. Serve drinks, water, coffee, and tea to customers at appropriate times.
3. Refill beverages as needed.
4. Assist with picking up dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware during and after meals.
5. Place in bus tubs and deliver to assigned dish washing area in kitchen.
6. Maintain cleanliness of assigned station: bus tables, wipe tables and chairs, pick up trash, clean ashtrays, etc.
7. Clean and sanitize bus carts nightly.
8. Complete opening, running, and closing side duties completely.
9. Keep ice stations filled, silverware polished and rolled, and glasses and dishes stocked. Prepare tables for next guest.
10. Stock/restock supplies (e.g., cups, glasses, silverware, coffee, napkins, etc.) at service station.
11. Assist with maintaining cleanliness/appearance of buffet as needed.
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://4hrm.info/tip-to-writing-job-description/