Accounting manager performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Accounting manager
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Accounting manager?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Accounting manager
You can use some tasks of Accounting manager as follows:
• Performs special accounting studies such as preparing cost allocation plans and calculating billing for services performed by County departments.
• Co-ordinates the annual independent audit including preparing financial statements which are audited.
• Designs, reviews and modifies the accounting system covering 50 or more funds for County government. Ensures the accuracy of data and adherence of the system to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close. Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions. Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintains the fixed asset inventory system by supervising the recording of all items in the inventory, maintaining pertinent records and ensuring adequate treatment of fixed asset acquisitions and retirements.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Accounting manager if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Accounting manager evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Accounting manager evaluation
• Accounting job descriptions
• Accounting interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation